The course explains the purpose and content of the IMDG code and dangerous goods transportation by sea specifics in order to comply with the IMDG regulations dealing with the classification, packing, handling, carriage, stowage and segregation of various classes of dangerous goods.
This course is based on the IMDG Code, and impartins knowledge related to hazards involved in the carriage of dangerous goods to individuals that will effectively contribute to the safe carriage of these goods at sea.
- Overview of relevant local, national and international regulations
- SOLAS, MARPOL, ISPS, CSC Convention
- All sections of the IMDG Code (2018 edition)
- Classes, Divisions and Packing groups
- Legal responsibilities of Shippers (incl. ADR in EU)
- CTU (Cargo Transport Units), marking, labeling and placarding
- Stowage and segregation
- Security Provisions
The course is intended for training all persons engaged in the transport of dangerous goods by sea, particularly seafarers and shore-side personnel.
International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code)
US CFR 49 (Transportation)
STCW sections A-II/1 and A-II/2
This product was developed by maritime industry professionals to deliver you updated and necessary information
We do our best to keep the online versions of the products up to the latest regulations
You get 91 days of online access, when you purchase this product
Our managers are always ready to answer your questions or advise the best solution to fit your demands
IMDG segregation simulator